Year 6 Maths Programme
Here are some things your child is expected to be working on at this period,
- Read, write, order and compare numbers up to 10,000,000 and determine the value of each digit.
- Multiply multi-digit numbers up to 4 digits by a two-digit whole number using the formal written method of long multiplication
- Use common factors to simplify fractions; use common multiples to express fractions in the same denomination.
- Solve problems involving the relative sizes of 2 quantities where missing values can be found by using integer multiplication and division facts.
- Use simple formulae.
- Solve problems involving the calculation and conversion of units of measure, using decimal notation up to 3 decimal places where appropriate.
- Draw 2-D shapes using given dimensions and angles.
- Describe positions on the full coordinate grid (all 4 quadrants).
- Interpret and construct pie charts and line graphs and use these to solve problems.
We understand how difficult it can be to support your child to succeed in maths.
Let us develop your child’s maths n give you peace of mind.
+ 44 20 380 77 422