Year 5 Maths Programme
Here are some things your child is expected to be working on at this period,
- Read, write, order and compare numbers to at least 1,000,000 and determine the value of each digit
- Add and subtract whole numbers with more than 4 digits, including using formal written methods (columnar addition and subtraction)
- Identify multiples and factors, including finding all factor pairs of a number, and common factors of 2 number
- Compare and order fractions whose denominators are all multiples of the same number
- convert between different units of metric measure.
- Identify 3-D shapes, including cubes and other cuboids, from 2-D representations.
- Identify, describe and represent the position of a shape following a reflection or translation, using the appropriate language, and know that the shape has not changed.
- Solve comparison, sum and difference problems using information presented in a line graph
We understand how difficult it can be to support your child to succeed in maths.
Let us develop your child’s maths n give you peace of mind.
+ 44 20 380 77 422