2020 KS2 SATs – Dates & Everything You Need To Know.
The dates for the KS2 SATs usually spread across a week. In 2020 the KS2 SATs dates are scheduled between Monday 11th May 2020 to Thursday 14th May 2020. Pupils will sit for six different tests Over this period, with English usually taking place at the beginning of the week and maths toward the end.
KS2 SATs Dates 2020 – Testing Period
11th May 2020 (Monday): Spelling, punctuation and grammar Test- Grammar/Punctuation- 45 minutes
11th May 2020 (Monday): Spelling, punctuation and grammar Test- Spelling- 20 minutes
12th May 2020(Tuesday): Reading Test- 60 minutes
13th May 2020(Wednesday): Arithmetic Maths Paper 1 – 30 minutes
13th May 2020(Wednesday): Reasoning Maths Paper 2 – 40 minutes
14th May 2020(Thursday): Reasoning Maths Paper 3 – 40 minutes
You can find the official press release on the national website.
What To Expect In The 2020 KS2 SATs Papers?
The Reading KS2 SATs:
- The Reading KS2 SATs is a single 1-hour paper, with questions based on three different paragraphs of text.
The KS2 SPag SATs:
- There is a 20-word aural spelling test – 15 minutes.
- Also, there’s a written element which consists of a grammar and punctuation paper – 45 minutes.
The KS2 Maths SATs:
- There will be three papers.
- Paper 1 is 30 minutes of arithmetic paper.
- 2 and 3 reasoning papers are 40-minute each.
Do You Need Help To Preparing For The SATs 2020
MathTuto will help your Year 6 pupils to prepare for their KS2 Maths SATs.
What does MathTutos‘ KS2 SATs Programme provide?
- A baseline evaluation to recognise gaps in KS2 knowledge.
- Weekly one on one tutoring to grasp core KS2 concepts.
- Practice to build familiarity with SATs style questions
- Regular reporting to support Year 6 planning & teaching
- Year 6 specific assessment and resources to download.
MathTuto ensures your pupils will prepare for their SATs with our 1-on-1, KS2 maths tuition program. Our well-experienced tutors can help to push those students who need it to the next level.